The CornBelters fifth anniversary season is going in full swing now. The corn is growing strong and starting to fill the empty fields at the same time the fans are filling the empty stadium to watch the CornBelters play ball! This season, there is a lot of exciting things going on at the Corn Crib! These are the five things you do not want to miss this summer …
1. Tim McGraw on Sept. 12! Tim McGraw’s Sundown Heaven Town Tour will stop at the Corn Crib on Friday, September 12. Corn Crib Alum Jana Kramer and newcomer Dakota Bradley will be the opening acts for the concert, which will be produced once again by S.A.W. Events. The gates will open at 5:30 with the show getting under way at 6 p.m. Zach Linley and the Rebel Daredevils will be performing on the side stage from 6:00-7:15! Tickets will be $60 for reserved seats and general admission field tickets. VIP pit tickets will be $105. Parking is available at the Corn Crib and will be $20 per car.
2. Gary Allan on June 20! Gary Allan will perform on Friday, June 20th for the first concert of the summer at the Corn Crib. Country star Jamey Johnson and central Illinois favorites Zach Linley & The Rebel Daredevils will complete this great lineup, which will be produced by S.A.W. Events. The gates will open at 5:30 with the show getting under way at 7 p.m. Tickets will be $44 for reserved seats and general admission field tickets. VIP pit tickets will be $59. Parking is available at the Corn Crib and will be $10 per car.
3. Thursday Night Concert Series! New for the 2014 season, every Thursday home game for the Normal CornBelters, presented by Illinois Corn Farmers, will feature post-game concerts on the new “Grieder’s Patio At The Park.” The CornBelters will play their first regular season home game of the 2014 season (“CEFCU Opening Night”) at The Corn Crib on Friday, May 16 at 7 p.m. versus the Evansville Otters. During the CornBelters 2014 season, all Thursday home games will feature some very exciting bands. In addition to the post game concerts on the new “Grieder’s Patio At The Park,” Thursdays will feature $1.00 beers and $2.00 margaritas during the game. “It’s always a great time to watch these guys perform. If you don’t know who these acts are, I invite you to give them a chance. They will not let you down,” said Jason Williams, owner of S.A.W. Events. “What’s better than baseball and great music?”
4. Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts Night! The Girl Scouts will fill the stadium on June 14. All Girl Scouts are encouraged to get their group together and come out for a fun night at the Corn Crib. The Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts of America will be in the park on July 26. After the game, all Boy Scout troops and Cub Scout packs in attendance will get to campout on the field.
5. Fan Appreciation Night August 28th! Aug. 28 is the final home game of the season for the CornBelters and will feature Fan Appreciation Night. This game is all about giving back to the fans that have supported the CornBelters over the season. There will be many fun surprises and prizes for fans. This is a game that fans do not want to miss. “Our 5th Anniversary is a significant marker for our organization showing the stability of our ownership and organization. We are proud of the fact that we have had a terrific 5 years here and we wanted to give our fans the very best promotional schedule we have had to date,” said Malliet. “This schedule represents a lot of affordable, summertime fun for families throughout McLean County.”