As we officially head into summer, enjoy the recipes of grilling week! We’ll be featuring opportunities for you to get more delicious pork, beef, and chicken into your diet and sharing some fun facts about livestock farming in Illinois & and the U.S.!
Fun Fact: Globally, aquaculture supplies more that 50 percent of all seafood produced for human consumption – that percentage has been and will continue to rise. Conventional wisdom holds that traditional fisheries are producing near their maximum capacity and that future increases in seafood production must come largely from aquaculture.
Today’s Tip: Use a grill for foods that might fall through the grill rack or are too cumbersome to turn over one by one (vegetables, fish, tofu, fruits, etc.).
Today’s Recipe: Grilling Week: Citrus Seasoned Tilapia
What You Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s® Seasoned Salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Coarse Ground
- 1 pound tilapia fillets
What To Do:
- Mix butter, juices, seasoned salt, parsley and pepper in small bowl until well blended. Place fish fillets in center of large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil or grill pan. Brush with butter mixture.
- Grill over medium heat 12 to 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with additional seasoned salt, if desired.
ICGA/ICMB Marketing Director