A Recipe for a Rustic Christmas
Ever wondered what to do with an old rake you cannot use anymore? Well here is an option. Rakes are used in farms all over. They help scatter bedding and rake up materials.
This is what you will need:
- An old rake
- Some greenery or garland
- Pine cones
- Some type of material to tie it together. Wire works well or twine.
- Any type of colorful flowers to add to the arrangement.
Do you need an idea of what to do with those old horseshoes you have lying around? Not only would this make a great decoration to have in your house but also would make a great gift! Horse Shoes are used to help protect the feet of horses. This helps keep their feet from becoming sore and makes it more comfortable for horses to walk in areas such as rocks or hard surfaces.
These are the items you will need:
- Horseshoes – the amount you need depends on how big you want your tree to be.
- Some type of sticking agent, or welding materials.
- Any choice of ornaments you prefer!
Do we have any cowboys or cowgirls with any extra Lassos? A lasso is a loop of rope designed as a restraint to be thrown around a target and tightened when pulled. As you can see, the lasso wreaths make beautiful decorations for the home.
This is what you will need to make your own lasso wreath:
- Ribbon of your choice and design
- Garland or greenery
- Any extra flowers of your choice
- Some wire or twine to tie your arrangement around your lasso
What better way to use a shovel than for decoration? These will make beautiful decorations with paintings of your choice and garland.
Here are the items you will need:
- Shovel of your choice and size
- Paint, colors depending on what you want as your design
- Garland, pine cones, flowers of your choice
- Ribbon for a bow
- Door hanger
Do you have any old milk canisters that you have no use for? Well here is an idea to put that antique to use. Milk jugs use to be used to transport milk from farm to farm before we had the technology that is being used today. So lets use it now in the form of a beautiful decoration.
Here is what you will need:
- Milk Canister
- Paint color of your choice
- Lots of greenery and garland
- Pine cones and Christmas flowers
If you need some more Christmas decoration ideas, take a look around the farm or in old antique shops. You’ll always find unique ideas and ways to incorporate your taste in decorating.
Hannah St. Pierre
Illinois State University student