We are glad to be back from the holidays and look forward to what the new year brings for us.
To start us off right, here is a recipe that is a must try this season.
This recipe is for Corn Chowder, which is plentiful in the summer when fresh sweet corn is in season. But on cold nights, sometimes you just want to have a bowl of delicious hot soup, specifically corn chowder.
The total cooking time, with preparation, is between 30 minutes and 60 minutes. The corn chowder recipe should serve 4 to 6 people, varying with the serving bowl size you use. If you are going shopping, here are the short-lists.
- 5 to 6 cups of frozen, whole kernel corn
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme
- 1 white onion
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups water
- 3/4 pound red potatoes
- 1 cup of either half-and-half or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- freshly chopped basil
And the supplies …
- Dutch Oven
- Wooden or silicone stirring spoon
- 5 bowls for prepared ingredients
- Cutting board and knives
To see the full instructions, click here.